Whisky gives you such an amazing way to spend the rest of your day happy and relaxed. If you are a whisky lover and are looking forward to having the best whisky cocktail or recipe this weekend, you are on the right page.
There are different ways to include whisky in your meals and have a great lunch or dinner. Whisky goes well with food and can also be part of your recipe- just to spice up everything in your meals. In this post, we have rolled up some of the top whisky recipes you can follow to spice up your cooking. Keep reading to learn how you can add whisky to your meals.
3 Best Whisky Recipes that use Whisky
Whisky Caramel Apples
Adding whisky to your meals adds more flavors and takes away excess sweetness from the sauce. For caramel apples, they are served for kids, but adults can also find them delicious by adding scotch or bourbon.
Ingredients for this meal:
- A pound of caramel
- 3-6 apples
- A quarter cup of your favorite whiskey
- Chopped pecans (1 cup)
- 1 cup of lemon juice
Steps to follow:
- Take the caramel and mix it with the whisky in a low heat cooker. Keep stirring the mixture until it melts completely. Heat to warm for an hour.
- Slice the apples into sizeable chunks
- Skewer the apple slices with some wooden sticks; you can also sprit the slices with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- For easy dipping, you can pour the pecans into a serving dish.
- Serve this meal while hot
2. Grilled Chicken with Whisky
If you want the best whiskey in your meals, then grilled chicken with ginger marinate is one great idea. In this recipe, the chicken is exposed to direct heat on the grill. It turns brown on the hottest part as the heat spreads to the inside.
Ingredients for this meal:
- 4 boneless chicken halves
- ¼ cup of crushed red pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon of fresh lime juice, peeled ginger, and hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- A teaspoon of grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- Cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- A teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
Steps to follow
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wraps
- Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to pound the chicken to half-inch thickness
- Mix your favorite whisky with the rest of the ingredients
- Set aside some 1/3 of the marinade into a zip-top plastic bag. Add the marinade into the chicken and seal it. Marinate the mixture inside the refrigerator for at least an hour as you turn it in intervals.
- Heat both left and right burners to medium-hot. Switch off the left burner and leave the right burner on.
- Now, remove the chicken breasts from the sealed bag and discard off the marinade. Cure the grills with cooking spray, and then place the chicken over the grill on the right burner.
- Grill the chicken for at least two minutes until it turns brown on both sides. Pass the chicken to the left burner and cover it until you are done.
- Slice the chicken breasts into equal parts and use a foil to cover them.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir repeatedly using a whisk. Pour the reserved 1/3 marinade into a small saucepan. Add the marinade into the mix of cornstarch and water.
- Bring the mix to boil while cooking for at least 15 seconds.
- Stir the mixture constantly as you cook, drizzle the sauce on the chicken and sprinkle some sesame seeds. You can serve your meal while hot.
3. Whisky Cream
You can use whisky in both savory and sweet cream sauces. This meal is best served with Christmas pudding, a crumble, or a pie.
Ingredients for this meal:
- A teaspoon of icing sugar
- 250 ml carton double cream
- A tablespoon of whisky
Steps to follow:
- Pour the 250 ml double cream inside a large bowl
- Add the whisky and the icing sugar into the bowl
- Swirl the mixture until the cream holds to its original shape
Other Foods you can cook Well with Whisky
- Cheese: This goes well with whisky if you do t the right way in the kitchen. Both whiskey and cheese share a lot in common in aging and the kind of flavors they have. A strong blue cheese will pair well with some spicy whisky, while a sweeter and fragrant whisky will mix perfectly with soft cheese.
- Nuts and dried fruits: This combination will always go well with a bottle of whisky. All you have to do is ensure you are more innovative in mixing the two and choosing the right flavors of fruits and nuts that complement your favorite whiskey.
- Dark Chocolate: Quality dark chocolate bars can also pair well with whisky. You can mix and match dark chocolate with whisky until you find a perfect recipe to finish your meal. For instance, the citrus note in Scotch whisky complements well with dark orange-flavored chocolate.
Ways to cook with Whisky
Having whisky in your meals is one great way of spicing up your days. Whisky has many health benefits you can only get when you make it part of your balanced diet. Here are some great ways to include whisky in your meals like a pro chef.
1. Whisky for breakfast
Whisky is your breakfast is such an amazing way to kick-start your day. Besides drinking it raw, most people prefer to add whisky to their meals. You can have some pancakes stalled with bourbon and maple syrup. Alternatively, you can also serve the pancakes with a hot cup of bourbon chai to start your day.
2. Marinate the chicken and meat with whisky
Another amazing way to enjoy whisky in your meals is to marinate the meat or chicken with it. Marinating enhances the taste and color of your meat. You can use a bourbon coffee to add some sweetness to your meat steak or some whisky ginger to add more taste to your chicken breast.
The second recipe in this article shows you how to prepare grilled chicken with ginger marinate. Whisky can also add some flavor and taste to onions and mushrooms. However, you have to choose the best whisky brand for the perfect marinade.
3. Take whisky after meal
You can end the meal with a tot of whisky. A blueberry bourbon cream is such a fantastic way to finish up your meals. A cheese pie is delectable and sweet even without adding some whisky. After a first bite of the cheese, you can feel the unique taste.
If you don’t want anything that fills you up fast, you can go for chocolate whiskey. It is easy to prepare, and the ingredients are readily available in your kitchen.
If you are looking for the best side of whisky, it’s right in your kitchen. You can try the different recipes we mentioned here to have the best whisky food combination to start or end your day. There are a hundred ways to add whisky to your meals and feel the notes and flavor. All you have to do is choose the right food that pairs well with your favorite brand of whisky or bourbon.
Did You Enjoy This?
Then consider joining thousands of other people who receive my monthly newsletter. It’s a collection of knowledge and guide for Cigars and Bourbon. It’s free to subscribe. Be part of my my team.