A high-quality cigar should take a few hours in a room after you extinguish it. The smell should fade away after some hours, depending on the strength of the cigar you want to smoke.
Smoking cigars relaxes the mind and is one of the best ways to hang out with your friends. What is likely to make you uncomfortable when smoking cigars in a room is when the smell doesn’t fade easily.
Most people would move a mile away to smoke a cigar because those around them wouldn’t tolerate the smoke. If you’d like to smoke cigars in a room, you want to know exactly how long it will take the cigar smoke to fade.
Here are some factors that will determine how long the cigar smell stays in the room:
How long the cigar smell stays in the room will depend on your room ventilation. If there is decent airflow in the room, you shouldn’t expect the smell to stick around in the room for a couple of days. If you have your air conditioner on and the windows open, you should be sure of getting the smell out of the windows fast.
It should take an hour or two to get the smell out of the room if it is well ventilated. If your room is not well ventilated, you should consider spraying air purifiers to remove the smell and keep your room fresh.
2. How long you’ve been smoking
It is common sense that the longer you smoke a cigar in a room, the more the smells lands on the furniture and other appliances in the room. That means it would take you longer to get rid of the smell if you’ve been smoking the cigar for long.
How does cigar smoke absorb into your room, hair, breath, and hair?
Those who smoke and forget to tidy up have a problem keeping their body and environment clean. Smoking cigarettes can indeed affect the way your hair, skin, and body smells. It makes you uncomfortable if you are going to stay close to non-smokers.
Cigar smoke deposits a carcinogenic residue on everything it lands on, including your hair and skin when you smoke in your house. You are not likely to feel lit, but it’s there giving out that awful smell that most of your visitors would not like to have.
When your lungs absorb the nicotine, it affects your body. The lungs and skin are also affected by the nicotine in the cigar. Nicotine is more likely to make you sweat more and affect the way your smell. Your skin will start to smell like a rank smoke if you sweat profusely after smoking.
How do you get rid of cigar smoke in your room?
Are you having trouble getting rid of cigar smoke in your room? Well, you can try some of these tips to keep your room fresh and free of the cigar smell:
- Ventilate the room – open the windows and doors and switch on the fans to remove the smell.
- Clean the walls – you can clean the walls with a heavy-duty cleaner designed to remove the staunch smell. You can go for a cleaner containing trisodium phosphate or one designed specifically for this job.
- Remove any soft surfaces on the walls that may have absorbed the smell. You can also try to rip any carpets in the room.
- Check the HV/AC system that all the filters are working and the air ducts are clean and open.
- Varnish the wood floors to remove the smell.
- Clean all surfaces with a 90 to 10 solution of water and white vinegar, or water and bleach.
- Go for professional ozone treatment if all these tips do not work for you.
How to remove cigar smell from your car
If you love to smoke cigars in your car, the smoke may linger there for long. This is what you can do to reduce or eradicate the smell from your car:
- If you must smoke cigars in your car, then do so with the windows wide open
- After smoking a roll of a cigar, you should wash the inside of the windshield
- Avoid leaving cigarette butts in the car
- Use a hydrogen peroxide and water solution or bleach and water to wash the car seats and carpets.
- Use a detergent to hose down the rubber mats
- Keep open containers with charcoal in the car
How to remove cigar smell from your skin
Sure, nobody likes to walk around smelling cigar smoke. It makes you feel uncomfortable, especially if you are out on a date or meeting some friends who don’t smoke cigars. So how do you keep yourself fresh after smoking cigars?
Wash your hands
Holding cigars alone makes your hands smell tobacco. Therefore, you can remove the cigar smell from your hands by simply washing your hands as soon as you are done smoking. Here is how to prepare a solution to wash your hands:
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda to some squirts of liquid soap on the palm
- Mix them and rub in warm water
Use this solution to rub across your nails and the area just between your palms.
While smoking cigars, you should try as much as you can to cover as many skins as you can with clothes. This way, no smoke will get into contact with your skin directly.
Cleanse your face after smoking
If you want to eliminate the smoke residue from your skin, you can try using facial cleaners pads. When cleansing your face, you have to get rid of the face makeup if you have any.
Take a cold shower
After smoking, the best you can do if you’ve been chilling at home is take a cold shower. You should make it a hobbit to take a shower after engaging in any activity that makes you sweat profusely.
Cleanse your skin with hand sanitizer
The best you can do if you want to remove the cigar smell on your body is to apply an alcohol-based sanitizer on your hands and all areas of your body that were exposed while smoking.
If you have sensitive skin, it may burn you but will help to remove the odor eventually. Ensure the sanitizer does not come into contact with your hands.
How to remove cigar smell from your breath
Having a cigar smell in your breath is something you want to avoid at all costs. Here is how to go about this:
- Brush your teeth – one of the best ways to remove the bad cigar smell in your breathe is to brush. You can also try to gurgle and flush with mouthwash or a tongue cleaner as soon as you finish smoking cigars. When you brush your teeth after every smoking session, you will be reducing the staining that nicotine and tar can cause on your teeth.
- Chew gum – you can also try chewing some gum or using cough drops and hard candies to keep the smell in check.
Removing cigar smell from your room, car, skin, and breathing is not that difficult. If you’ve been smoking for a while, you know that being tidy as your smoke is something you don’t want to ignore. Apply these tips if you want to keep your room and body fresh even as you smoke your best cigar right in the comfort of your room.
Did You Enjoy This?
Then consider joining thousands of other people who receive my monthly newsletter. It’s a collection of knowledge and guide for Cigars and Bourbon. It’s free to subscribe. Be part of my my team.